Dagenham Dock – Investment Opportunities
A pioneering location for environmental technology businesses
Centrally located within the Thames Gateway, Dagenham Dock will be home to innovative companies housed on a dedicated 60 acre (25 hectare) site with exceptional links to London and the South East. The site, known as the London Sustainable Industries Park (SIP), has an existing investment of £19 million, and a further £275 million committed, and is being developed as the UK’s largest concentration of environmental industries and technologies.
It will provide a national showcase for businesses delivering recycling and reprocessing facilities, waste-to-energy and combined heat and power schemes, and renewable energy technologies.
The first tenant on the SIP is Closed Loop Recycling, who offer recyclable plastic packaging solutions to clients such as Marks & Spencer and Nampak. In 2010, the SIP will become home to the Thames Gateway Institute for Sustainability, a multi-million pound Centre of Excellence to support the development of practical and commercial innovations aimed at reducing negative impacts on the environment. The Institute will also provide tenants with access to national and international networks and world class research teams to support their businesses.
Dagenham Dock also features Gazeley’s £27 million Voltaic, and award-winning distribution/warehouse building which incorporates state-of-the-art environmentally sustainable construction features such as photovoltaic roof panels and a ground source heat pump.
Why come to Dagenham Dock?
- The proximity to London offers the largest resource opportunity in the UK – the need for recycling and materials reprocessing is enormous. London will be producing 22 million tons of waste material by 2020 and research shows that at least 14 million tones of this waste could be recycled
- Opportunity to take advantage of Research and development tax credits – each £100 of R&D in the UK now costs £62
- Grants available from government funded Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP)
- A wide range of properties to choose from – from purpose built small business units, to larger warehouse facilities
- An Institute for Sustainability is planned for 2011 – a world class research and development centre focusing on sustainable construction, renewable energy, waste, recycling and reuse, designed as a bridge between research, academia and industry
Looking to relocate in Dagenham and South Essex
Do you need to find new offices, industrial space or investment property in Dagenham and South Essex?