Home to a new and exciting business led venture, The Medway Innovation Centre – an incubator for high-tech and service business start-ups
Medway is in Thames Gateway Kent and consists of Chatham, Gillingham, Rainham, Rochester and Strood. The Medway Innovation Centre is a new and exciting business led venture which is a partnership between BAE Systems, Medway Council, the Universities of Kent and Greenwich and the Royal Bank of Scotland. An incubator for high-tech small businesses and start-ups, it aims to assist companies through the difficult start up phase and turn innovative technology solutions into thriving businesses.
Why come to Medway?
- Medway is conveniently located and benefits from comprehensive transport links with Europe and the UK
- Medway benefits from easy access to the A2/M2, M20 and M25 and fast domestic rail services from 2009 and two major ports
- Medway is the largest urban area in the south-east outside London with a population set to increase to 300,000 by 2021
- The Medway economy is worth around £2.8billion per year and has more than 13,000 businesses
Spotlight on Medway Innovation Centre
The Medway Innovation Centre provides a full range of business support services to assist start-up companies with their development plans and the financial support needed to introduce new products and services. Resources include advisory support and guidance relating to product development and technology process, design, PR, marketing, competitive research, event organisation, commercial, legal and accountancy services, intellectual property and funding.
The aim is to develop a culture which fosters innovation and the growth of a community of entrepreneurs, providing collaboration between client companies by:
- Providing free advice to clients on business issues through mentoring by the Managing Director and an advisory board comprising of key BAE Systems staff and researchers from leading universities
- Helping entrepreneur’s access funding through business angel networks and venture funds
- Arranging monthly networking meetings for our clients as well as occasional networking events throughout the year with selected speakers
- The MIC provides support services designed to boost the growth of these companies ranging from flexible managed offices, hot desks and virtual services to business advice, integrated telecoms network and unlimited broadband access